SAY, "NO" TO ETB TRIPS FOR DECEMBER

This thread is funny. I have a primary block. For the month of December, I had a few reserves call me for direct trades. This was days before the ETB opened for bidding. It seems to me that the RSVs are hungry for these trips. And as for making BHs fly their lines, you know that with Sap, you can bid down to 60, and with ETB--40. So, BHs don't need RSVs to get rid of time. It seems to me that it's the RSVs that are watching the board 24/7 and hoping to pick up a trip that will work into their schedules and hopefully with added cash. The OP makes it sound as if the reserves have some kind of power to make BHs work like dogs in December. HaHaHa :lol:

Hilarious! You're based in DCA though, a small base not representative of the larger ones.

This thread is funny. I have a primary block. For the month of December, I had a few reserves call me for direct trades. This was days before the ETB opened for bidding. It seems to me that the RSVs are hungry for these trips. And as for making BHs fly their lines, you know that with Sap, you can bid down to 60, and with ETB--40. So, BHs don't need RSVs to get rid of time. It seems to me that it's the RSVs that are watching the board 24/7 and hoping to pick up a trip that will work into their schedules and hopefully with added cash. The OP makes it sound as if the reserves have some kind of power to make BHs work like dogs in December. HaHaHa :lol:

If you had to settle for a 73 hr minimum. while actually only flying 35-50 hrs per month, for the last 50 months, you might be trying to pick up a trip on the ETB also. It's funny how most BH's think the rsv system stinks, but they really have no idea. Walk a year, or two in one of our shoes. Most BH's I know couldn't handle it. They probably would have quit. Put a rotating rsv system in , a see how many cry babies we really have.

I urge anyone that is reading this to become involved with Kathy and I, as we have recently started to work on some issues that pertain to the reserve system at Usairways, I'm sure you can all attest to the fact that our $39.00 a month or almost $43.00 a month, does not afford us much! because we don't have 40 to 50 years of seniority to back it up! But as they stand in unity, so can we! Start with getting a part time job elsewhere, instead of doing it in the same office you work in, by via of giving up the only 11 days a month that you can a have a life, enjoy some fresh air and possibly become a dog walker, better company, and the animals will appreciate you better, start letting the block olders fly their trips, see how they will like not being able to drop down to 40 hours a month, my guess is they will retire a little sooner! besides all they are giving us are the crapy trips they don't want to fly, and we are taking them like good little puppies, because they got us so starved we will take any bone their willing to throw at us! In other words, STOP FLYING ETB, UNLESS ITS CONSIDERED COMPANY TIME, IF YOU DO THAT, you will notice more trips on the AIL which will mean over your guarantee, with out giving up you days off! Plan financially, and STOP the ETB! Be proud, and don't take any hand me downs! Its called job guarantee, they won't feel so overstaffed if all the ETB trips are back on the AIL, and the senior staff will actually have to go to work, instead of taking the time to attend more union meetings to take us further under! Keep one thing in mind its not us vs them if we want to be treated equally then we have to fight for it So if we are starved for money because of the reserve system, we are on call 24/6 then 3 days off then we have to work (OT or etb) just to make ends meet? PLAN for March 2008 YOU will have time to save money as most of us have vacation Jan and Feb and since someone here said they don't need reserves lets see what happens SHALL WE??
Kathy and Vita

PLAN for March 2008 YOU will have time to save money as most of us have vacation Jan and Feb and since someone here said they don't need reserves lets see what happens SHALL WE??
Kathy and Vita
heeheeheeheeView attachment 6813

I should leave a message for my reserve friends to please stop calling me for my beautiful one-days that fit perfectly into their schedules. I need to get off my lazy butt and work more. (pause)....AHAHAHAHAHAView attachment 6813

FLICA
Drop 160xx December 25

Note: Easy one-day, NAS turn worth 5+00, holiday pay plus 200 hugs. Don't everyone jump at once, especially reserves...let a BH pick this beauty up. Happy Holidays!

You see USCREW you have no idea how your attitude is making it worse. Less and less are picking up ETB as they become wise to the situation at hand. I'm working with a girl right now that says she needs it do to her mortgage, school, blah, blah, blah.......I said, "Think about what your saying and the reasons your giving". When you pick up ETB regardless of your reasoning you are an enabler plain and simple. I said, "Well honey, don't complain to me or anyone else about your low LTO and pay mmmkaaaaay"? You are DOING it to yourself. Like stated before, go walk a dog, work in Hallmark. Anything. Throwing someone 200 i love you's or whatever is only "dipping" the bone in gravy before throwing it to the low down hungry hounds. It's PATHETIC. Knowing this group enough, we'll probably see a division between those reserves that DO etb and those that DON'T. We can't be united on ANYTHING here.

USCREW is based in DCA. Who gives a sh!t what the what, one page? of reserves there do... honestly. Wow, a turn on Xmas worth 5 hours... that's a good trip? I guess DC doesn't have AUA turns or even DFW turns. 5 hours and $200? Get a life! You can work anywhere on your off days and make more money while doing something more rewarding than slinging Cokes on a dirty airplane. Unless of course you're a self-declared moron like those who have done nothing else so will do this and this alone until they die.

There's going to be those who think that their financial situation is somehow different than everyone else's and that they "have to" do it... the only thing different is their self-esteem or understanding of the issue. You're never going to get everyone to go along but the more that don't the better. I never do it anyway, I find the idea of giving more of my time to this company hideous.

Get a life! You can work anywhere on your off days and make more money while doing something more rewarding than slinging Cokes on a dirty airplane. Unless of course you're a self-declared moron like those who have done nothing else so will do this and this alone until they die.

LOL! I love it! :up: That is sooooo true.

I had the delightful privilege of having the TDY and ETB conversation with this f/a I'm working with again today. It just AMAZES me how blind people are to this ETB and NOW the TDY crap. I simply can't believe it. I said, "don't you think it's BS that we are not given any protected days off over the holiday in PHL then we are sending PHL f/a's to DCA to cover trips"? I asked her what she thought was the reason why they didn't staff and plan accordingly. Talk about the "deer in headlights" look. Her reply as she turns and walks away, "Yeah well it happens every year and we do what we have to do". I wanted to slap her onto the jetway. We have some great people but some of THE stupidest people pushing beverage carts that I have EVER met. Uggggggh. I gave up and told her to call scheduling TODAY to sign up. :rolleyes:

LOL! I love it! :up: That is sooooo true.

sky high states: Bummer, with ELEVEN days OFF a month, you would work another job? And, alot of you Reserves commute too!

Sheesh, some blockholders dont even work more then ELEVEN days PER month.
LOL. I love it. :up:

only stating opinions

heeheeheeheeView attachment 6813

I should leave a message for my reserve friends to please stop calling me for my beautiful one-days that fit perfectly into their schedules. I need to get off my lazy butt and work more. (pause)....AHAHAHAHAHAView attachment 6813

FLICA
Drop 160xx December 25

Note: Easy one-day, NAS turn worth 5+00, holiday pay plus 200 hugs. Don't everyone jump at once, especially reserves...let a BH pick this beauty up. Happy Holidays!
I wonder were those reserves got your phone from (Bathrooms walls in PHL downtown bars), of course from ETB because you need them, the purpouse of my comment is just, to make OUR BEAUTIFUL UNION, try to help our rsv system somehow.....thx

I wonder were those reserves got your phone from (Bathrooms walls in PHL downtown bars), of course from ETB because you need them, the purpouse of my comment is just, to make OUR BEAUTIFUL UNION, try to help our rsv system somehow.....thx
We have a long phone list in DCA which I'm not on, but I have reserve friends who have my cell who like to pick up one-days.

We have a long phone list in DCA which I'm not on, but I have reserve friends who have my cell who like to pick up one-days.
So basically you have your reserve B!TCHE$ on the speed dial to take your scraps to make ends meet so you can fly low? Hmmmm and there is NOTHING wrong with the system. Nice.

Back