JFK -> ARN 8/17/11

trevrep

Dec 10, 2010
To my Delta pilots, many of whom over my career have commuted on my flights (America West Airlines now dba USAirways);

I am trying at the last minute to get to Stockholm, Sweden to catch a Baltic Sea cruise with my wife. We will be traveling from PHX to JFK on 8/17 and she is a flight attendant and has a ZED fare ticket to hopefully get a ride on flight 202 out of JFK to ARN. As you know, ARN is not served by that many carriers.

I am hoping to jumpseat on that flight to try to save a few bucks, jumpseat vs. zed fare. We will be cruising to Helsinki and St. Petersberg, a short 5 day cruise and the shore excursions are astronomical! Since we planned this at the last minute we did not have time to get Russian VISA's and therefore MUST use the Cruiseline's excursions, many of which are over $1,000 for a four hour tour....it's pay or stay on the ship. A minor detail they didn't mention when we booked the non refundable cruise.

Any way, can anyone help me with the needed protocol/details on the possibility of jumpseating JFK -> ARN and back on 8/25? I will have a backpack and one rollerboard.

If you can, can you tell me how the flight looks as far as open seats and non revs on the standby list?

Sorry to be a bother...I rarely ask for favors.

Clary Roberts
PHX based former AWA A320 Captain

BTW I am still currently flying for US Airways and realize I will not be allowed to fly in the flight deck, just wanting to know....can I "list" for the jumpseat (how?), do I just go to your ticket counter in JFK and ask to check my bag or will we gate check that? How full is that flight and flight 203 coming back on the 25th...I haven't jumpseated international since pre 9/11 days....

To my Delta pilots, many of whom over my career have commuted on my flights (America West Airlines now dba USAirways);

I am trying at the last minute to get to Stockholm, Sweden to catch a Baltic Sea cruise with my wife. We will be traveling from PHX to JFK on 8/17 and she is a flight attendant and has a ZED fare ticket to hopefully get a ride on flight 202 out of JFK to ARN. As you know, ARN is not served by that many carriers.

I am hoping to jumpseat on that flight to try to save a few bucks, jumpseat vs. zed fare. We will be cruising to Helsinki and St. Petersberg, a short 5 day cruise and the shore excursions are astronomical! Since we planned this at the last minute we did not have time to get Russian VISA's and therefore MUST use the Cruiseline's excursions, many of which are over $1,000 for a four hour tour....it's pay or stay on the ship. A minor detail they didn't mention when we booked the non refundable cruise.

Any way, can anyone help me with the needed protocol/details on the possibility of jumpseating JFK -> ARN and back on 8/25? I will have a backpack and one rollerboard.

If you can, can you tell me how the flight looks as far as open seats and non revs on the standby list?

Sorry to be a bother...I rarely ask for favors.

Clary Roberts
PHX based former AWA A320 Captain

You might have better luck posting this over on Airline Pilot Central Forums. I don't know how much pilot traffic this board gets....

Back