US Airways LAX hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

American6

Jan 15, 2012
US Airways needs a hub at LAX. It is the country's 2nd busiest airport by passenger traffic and US does not have a hub there. Ridiculous! An LAX hub is nessecary for this airline. This is US Airways. It is bad enough US does not have a hub in JFK, in the nation's largest city cuz it is too focussed on stupid Philadelphia. No LAX hub is dumb. It is easy to make one of you dump Southwest Airlines. Dump that airline and US Airways has a hub there. But it might not be big enough the terminal 1 that Southwest uses. So terminal 2 can be used for large aircraft while 737s and aircraft belonging to tha A320 family can use terminal 1. Southwest can move to Santa Ana (John Wayne Airport). Especially Southwest does not like big airports and LAX is huge.

US had one, thanks to PSA. Also hubs in SAN and SFO if I remember correctly. Except for a few lingering ex-PSA commuters who commute to the east coast, there's nothing left of the PSA acquisition -- last of the planes left in the first bankruptcy and routes are long gone.

People looking at a map is no way to plan hubs, nor is city size. The only questions are what is the OD and Rev a city can generate and can you get enough of a premium to make it work. For a hub to really work one needs to be a fortress hub or close to it in order to demand that revenue premium. No one can do that at LAX and you would go broke trying. Also why spend the resources at JFK which already has tons of competition both there and nearby, all you would do is drive fares down.
Why are so many in this industry dreamers and romantics and not financially realistic?
That might explain why the industry as a whole has never made money.

Great I was displaced from SFO and family lives in LAX. Re-open an LAX base, they still have the priority right of return list on file. At least, they better per our contract. Happy to go back. :rolleyes:

US Airways needs a hub at LAX. It is the country's 2nd busiest airport by passenger traffic and US does not have a hub there. Ridiculous! An LAX hub is nessecary for this airline. This is US Airways. It is bad enough US does not have a hub in JFK, in the nation's largest city cuz it is too focussed on stupid Philadelphia. No LAX hub is dumb. It is easy to make one of you dump Southwest Airlines. Dump that airline and US Airways has a hub there. But it might not be big enough the terminal 1 that Southwest uses. So terminal 2 can be used for large aircraft while 737s and aircraft belonging to tha A320 family can use terminal 1. Southwest can move to Santa Ana (John Wayne Airport). Especially Southwest does not like big airports and LAX is huge.

This is some funny s*$t! ROTFLMAO!

You just can not 'create' a hub without enough spokes (feed) to make a hub profitable, unless you have a HUGE amount of cash to try to create one (and lose it all if it doesn't work).
Besides, there is already a 'pseudo' hub with Star Alliance.

JMHO, denigrating PHL as stupid won't win you points if you have no valid argument.

B) xUT

I am sorry but how old are you and are you mentally challenged (cough , cough ..a retard) ?? What the hell are you talking about??

You just can not 'create' a hub without enough spokes (feed) to make a hub profitable, unless you have a HUGE amount of cash to try to create one (and lose it all if it doesn't work).
Besides, there is already a 'pseudo' hub with Star Alliance.

JMHO, denigrating PHL as stupid won't win you points if you have no valid argument.

B) xUT

You're right. In fact, I was just reading some analyst (Boyd Group?) and they were basically saying that the days of chasing marketshare are over. Airlines will now look at each routes survivability/profitability and if it cannot survive on its own merits-it's gone. There will always be a tiny fraction of cities that are just too important to have no service, even if the yields are trashy, but one certainly doesn't make a hub there. Alliances are the future. The question becomes, "can an ALLIANCE make a hub work at LAX?" The answer is mostly "yes". *A does a pretty good job at LAX with UA,US,LH,AC,SR, etc. Same with oneworld and Skyteam.

You should totally warn someone in WN's network planning department; apparently, they didn't realize that EWR, LGA, PHL, DEN, SFO, etc. are "big."
And ATL, DTW,BOS,DCA.

I am sorry but how old are you and are you mentally challenged (cough , cough ..a retard) ?? What the hell are you talking about??
My thoughts exactly! After the second statement I felt This Individual lacked not only the ABILITY to formulate a sentence let alone access a viewpoint on The Industry. Must be 'smokin' something some good sh*t..........and I'll bet they see visions of the Seven Nation Army marching down their street. Pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back