Transport Database

Mar 9, 2003
Just wondering, is anybody (CTD?) aware if TC restricts access to the database after midnight?

Every night, at or about 11:58 )Alberta Time) I can no longer acess the database. Even if I'm already in there!! :down:

Anybody have any ideas of why this is happening?? <_<

"cause you're too old to be up at that hour ?? ;) It's Probably due to "system maintenance" I'd expect. Noticed that it was unavailable myself.

As 407 Driver pointed out, it could be due to scheduled maintenance.

Depending on what database you're referring to though, it may also be updating from the main servers. As I understand it, some of the databases are 'ghosted' or an image of the actual information. It gets updated each 24-hour period.

...at least, that's what the techies tell me whenever I've asked... ;)

That's my underatanding as well, they certainly wouldn't be restricting them based on time.

I'm surprised at how much maintenance these things need - I belive they bought them with the Sea Kings.

Shouldn't be nosing around in there anyway, no good can come of it...
nono.gif

"...what the techies tell me..." Interesting isn't it? The Techies are the only ones who understand the PFM (Pure F...ing Magic) that goes on inside a computer, and they tell us that it needs "maintenance" every 24 hours, Hmmmm ?
Perhaps it's only an inside make work project? think about that ? :blink:

:D There's no doubt about the PFM... and a certain truth to CTD's observation linking the servers to the Sea Kings. :rolleyes:

However, what I meant regarding the 24-hour period was not maintenance but an automatic update of certain databases where the information contained within them is refreshed from the main system.

Thanks all for the response.

CTD:

Always good to be poking around. Information is power. Power equals opportunity and oppoetunity equals wealth. So essentially, I have a weath of information, with which to fight Transport's power. All of which has been provided by Transport! :D

CD:

You are a "different" one!! :p What the heck is anybody working for Zig doing on the TC web site. Jez, I figured everybody in Thompson made their own regulations!! :blink:

407:

Too old??? Maybe, ya know how it is once ya bend wrenchs on helicopters. Kind difficult to get in that "sleep at noight " mode. Besides, if I'm sleep, I'll miss another opportunity. Can't make money when I'm sleeping! :up:

Hey Bullet R, (or anyone else who may have twisted a wrench in the 70's?) I have a picture that will be posted to the gallery in a few days that may turn your crank.. It's from the 70's...of a Bullock Alouette-III
Does that name ring a Bell? er ...ring an Aerospat? er jog your memory? Stay tuned....

Back