NWA new 757 europe service

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
Northwest Airlines Corp. will expand its European service with new flights to Brussels, Belgium and Dusseldorf, Germany.

In addition, Northwest is offering the first and only nonstop service between Hartford, Conn., and Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Hartford will become the airline's 18th gateway to Europe through its Amsterdam hub, beginning July 1, 2007.

Northwest Airlines Corp. will expand its European service with new flights to Brussels, Belgium and Dusseldorf, Germany.

In addition, Northwest is offering the first and only nonstop service between Hartford, Conn., and Amsterdam in the Netherlands. Hartford will become the airline's 18th gateway to Europe through its Amsterdam hub, beginning July 1, 2007.
Ask to see a chaplin before you board that flight. I will never fly two engine over water unless the pilots have glider endorsement on their ratings. If you can't trust the scabs then all your trust is in the pilots and fate.

Too bad all the current BDL employees are being outsourced.... :angry:

that is too bad, but you know what, when the delays pile high up in the mile high club then alls well is alls well with mgmt! :D :p

Ask to see a chaplin before you board that flight. I will never fly two engine over water unless the pilots have glider endorsement on their ratings. If you can't trust the scabs then all your trust is in the pilots and fate.

Jenny,

Everything is cool...I have a current 'Glider' rating. It will be just like Allstate - You're in Good Hands.

I read this and I am CONFUSED.. how can a 757 DO THIS ?
The 757s, which must be ETOPS certified, will be fitted with winglets and will seat 160 passengers in two classes. The business class cabin will be reconfigured with two aisles and 16 new seats, providing passengers with portable on-demand IFE, 1.5 m. of personal space, a computer port and other amenities. Coach will be configured with three aisles and 144 seats with 4 in. of additional pitch.

THIS IS THE LINK I WAS READING : http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=6735

It can't....It's just an error.

The 757s, which must be ETOPS certified, will be fitted with winglets and will seat 160 passengers in two classes. The business class cabin will be reconfigured with two aisles and 16 new seats, providing passengers with portable on-demand IFE, 1.5 m. of personal space, a computer port and other amenities. Coach will be configured with three aisles and 144 seats with 4 in. of additional pitch.

Still 2x2 up front, and 3x3 in the back. They'll just be taking some seats out for increased pitch.

THIS IS THE LINK I WAS READING : http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=6735

The key here is ETOPS qualified...when I went to the school for ETOPS several years ago, they were quite concerned about in-flight shutdowns and the FAA pulling the plug. Emphasis was to be placed on reliability of work and parts to avoid needless Inflight Engine Shutdowns. Geez I forgot I was talking about the FAA...What the heck is wrong with me...I guess it is ok because they haven't put one in the drink. ETOPS extends the time overwater up to 3 hours from a suitable airport to land...mayhaps they are thinking of building several airports in the middle of the Atlantic and a couple between the west coast and Hawaii..

I don't care how nicely the cabin is configured, the fact remains you are flying TransAtlantic on a narrowbody.

JFK-SEA in First on a 75 drives me batty, I can not imagine going across the pond in a 75.

This whole infatuation with 757's across the Atlantic is going to bite the airlines in the ass.

I don't care how nicely the cabin is configured, the fact remains you are flying TransAtlantic on a narrowbody.

JFK-SEA in First on a 75 drives me batty, I can not imagine going across the pond in a 75.
This whole infatuation with 757's across the Atlantic is going to bite the airlines in the ass.

Is it any different than in the old days of 707's and DC-8's. F is definately better than in those days, and the Y pitch on the NW birds used for the new services might be equal or better than Y in the old days.

The key here is ETOPS qualified...when I went to the school for ETOPS several years ago, they were quite concerned about in-flight shutdowns and the FAA pulling the plug. Emphasis was to be placed on reliability of work and parts to avoid needless Inflight Engine Shutdowns. Geez I forgot I was talking about the FAA...What the heck is wrong with me...I guess it is ok because they haven't put one in the drink. ETOPS extends the time overwater up to 3 hours from a suitable airport to land...mayhaps they are thinking of building several airports in the middle of the Atlantic and a couple between the west coast and Hawaii..

They will be flying up the North American coast staying within 90 minutes of land (Newfoundland, Iceland, then over to the UK and Netherlands). :huh: If they only lose one, the pax will be stuck in Gander or Reykjavic for a day or so. If they lose both...

They will be flying up the North American coast staying within 90 minutes of land (Newfoundland, Iceland, then over to the UK and Netherlands). :huh: If they only lose one, the pax will be stuck in Gander or Reykjavic for a day or so. If they lose both...
But thats what I thought ETOPS was all about, not having to fly the circle route so they could fly more direct. I have flown the SEA-OGG-KOA on a 757-300 when I was employed there and I was scared the whole time. Flying time is listed at 5hrs 30 min. AMS-BOS is listed at 8 hrs.

well if both engines quit runnin which will happen at some point due to no maintaince qualified to keep it runnin, i hope them pax got good swimmin gear. may be there should be some islands built in the atlantic to help the plane in case of a single engine or multi engine failures

Back