ISP - DCA

This is old news-basically just a windbag useless senator grandstanding for the local constituency. This information was clearly alluded to in the original announcement of the facility and slot swap, and Schumer had nothing to do with it--just another photo op while he was visiting Long Island...

That said, it will be interesting to see if it ever materializes--US is slowly reducing service to/from ISP, down to 3 or 4 PHL trips a day, depending on the day of the week....

Then again, who knows if US will be around in its current form by next year? While I wish no ill on the fine people at US, it looks more and more like something is about to happen in the near future....

I do miss my friends who still work for US at ISP (at least I think they do).....they were among the best in the industry.......if only the company appreciated its employees the way the customers did...but that's another story for another thread..... ;)

This is old news-basically just a windbag useless senator grandstanding for the local constituency. This information was clearly alluded to in the original announcement of the facility and slot swap, and Schumer had nothing to do with it--just another photo op while he was visiting Long Island...

That said, it will be interesting to see if it ever materializes--US is slowly reducing service to/from ISP, down to 3 or 4 PHL trips a day, depending on the day of the week....

Then again, who knows if US will be around in its current form by next year? While I wish no ill on the fine people at US, it looks more and more like something is about to happen in the near future....

I do miss my friends who still work for US at ISP (at least I think they do).....they were among the best in the industry.......if only the company appreciated its employees the way the customers did...but that's another story for another thread..... ;)

You're absolutely right Art. I wonder why he's not at JetBlue, praising their service. You would think he was on their payroll for all the kissing up he does.

Well AA, DL, CO, have all been there through the years and have all left. I even remember flying an AA MD80 to RDU.

The only 2 operators at the airport now are Southwest and US Express. I mean really, the article says that US may operate a Shuttle to DC? If that happens then why not fly nonstop to Dublin. Oh yeah, Ryanair has proposed that. I'd like to see that with the longest runway being 5100 ft.

Pipe dreams, all pipe dreams and a photo op.

You're absolutely right Art. I wonder why he's not at JetBlue, praising their service. You would think he was on their payroll for all the kissing up he does.

Well AA, DL, CO, have all been there through the years and have all left. I even remember flying an AA MD80 to RDU.

The only 2 operators at the airport now are Southwest and US Express. I mean really, the article says that US may operate a Shuttle to DC? If that happens then why not fly nonstop to Dublin. Oh yeah, Ryanair has proposed that. I'd like to see that with the longest runway being 5100 ft.

Pipe dreams, all pipe dreams and a photo op.

Get a clue, the longest runway at ISP is 7,002 feet - longer than the longest at LGA.

Back