I'm Surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

acfconnect

Dec 27, 2003
Everywhere I turn I see Spanish and English signs,instructions,warnings etc. I thought English was this countries primary language. I'm surprised not seeing this message board catering to these people that refuse to learn our language. Why is it just Spanish? Others from around the world that come to this country, (legally) and want to stay (leagally), learn english. You don't see many signs in other languages. Mostly Spanish. How many more $millions of $dollars have to be spent by this country to have double discriptions and signs printed on everything to accommodate this "one" group of people that refuses to learn our language..... I guess if I (as an American) went to Spain (legally), and wanted to stay (legally), and everthing was printed in English, I wouldn't have to learn Spanish...... Our government is making it easier for these people not to learn. They cater too much to them.....Point of fact: Estimates of illegals in our country today is in excess of 10,000,000 (that's right, 10 million). Estimate of illegals entering the USA per month is 100,000 (100 thousand). Do the math. I don't know about you, but I've started Spanish classes. This will be our new primary language very soon. Comprendo? See?

The US Army, Marines can seal the boader in 3 days. Unfortunately, we have imbedded politicans in the southwest and Calf. You won't know this country in 15 years.

acfconnect said:
I thought English was this countries primary language. .....Point of fact: Estimates of illegals in our country today is in excess of 10,000,000 (that's right, 10 million). Estimate of illegals entering the USA per month is 100,000 (100 thousand). Do the math. I don't know about you, but I've started Spanish classes. This will be our new primary language very soon. Comprendo? See?
[post="255157"][/post]​

You are right it is the primary which means there is a secondary :)

The USA did do the the math and the like the numbers ($)

By the way when is your next test? Did you mean "see" the english version of perceive by sight or "si" the spanish version of yes? :up:

usairways_vote_NO said:
You are right it is the primary which means there is a secondary :)

The USA did do the the math and the like the numbers ($)

By the way when is your next test? Did you mean "see" the english version of perceive by sight or "si" the spanish version of yes? :up:
[post="255164"][/post]​
Like I said: I just started Spanish classes. SEE or SI or SUE or SEW. I'm allowed to make mistrakes. At least I'm trying to learn the language. Get off my wet back!

WN caters to Spanish-speaking customers. Should US not do that?

From my own personal experience, my parents sent me to learn Spanish as an additional class before school while I was in elementary school. Then I took Spanish starting in 8th grade all the way through high school, (5 years) and then another couple of years in college. I still haven't really found a need to use it. Maybe because I don't travel to Spanish speaking countries. The lack of use has also hurt my ability to speak it. :(

WH:

want to practice your Spanish?

¿usted desea practicar su español?

Move to El Paso.

Muévase al EL Paso.

Y recuerde, nadie ama ud o su dinero más que líneas aéreas del Sudoeste.

El español es un idioma maravilloso. Demasiado malas la mayoría de Los Americanos son miope y no pueden ser molestadas con aprender acerca de otra cultura permitió el idioma solo. Muy malo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back