Hour Building Twin Engine A/C

MBA747

Jan 20, 2006
I am looking for a flying school or organisation that caters for pilots to build up hours on light twin engine aircraft. I am looking to fly 50 hours on aircraft like the PA31, C310, BE58 and Duchess. I know about Ari-Ben Aviation but they only cater for the Duchess. Any info regarding the above would be greatly appreciated.

Just a helpful thought to aid any response. What is your location or at least location(s) you are willing to travel to?

Just a helpful thought to aid any response. What is your location or at least location(s) you are willing to travel to?

I am in Australia so I am quite flexible. California would be the easiest. However I am willing to go anywhere I can get the best deal.

It might be easier for you to get your hours in Australia. Maybe someone like Crane aviation. I know there are a few schools (or at least there were) at Bankstown, and Darwin has the ability to get you hours on in multi as well (weather permitting this time of year). When you get your hours there you can see about a transfer to a US license.

If you are dead-set into getting trained in the US, I would wait to see if anyone makes a recommendation here. You can also search the web for CA Flight Schools, and make some calls to see if they meet your needs.

Good luck, and happy hunting.

It might be easier for you to get your hours in Australia. Maybe someone like Crane aviation. I know there are a few schools (or at least there were) at Bankstown, and Darwin has the ability to get you hours on in multi as well (weather permitting this time of year). When you get your hours there you can see about a transfer to a US license.

If you are dead-set into getting trained in the US, I would wait to see if anyone makes a recommendation here. You can also search the web for CA Flight Schools, and make some calls to see if they meet your needs.

Good luck, and happy hunting.
Unlike other parts of the world multi-engine flying in Australia is considered a big deal.It is also very expensive, hour building is nearly unheard of due to the cost. Aircraft like PA31, C310 etc are nearly 30 years old.The attitude to flying in Oz is quite diff to the US, perhaps because every man and his dog wants to fly resulting in a tremendous surplus of pilots and operators can ask for ridiculous amounts of experience to fly a twin.

Hi MBA747,

I noticed this request, and remembered your post here. I replied to Tom and directed him to your post. Hopefully you both can start a dialog, and help each other meet your goals.

Added: He has supplied an e-mail address if you want to initiate contact.

Back