Frequent Flyer Study

Hope777

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
SAD

http://phoenix.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2010/05/17/daily14.html?ana=yfcpc

GREAT JOB TEMPE !!!!

I'm stunned.....just stunned. Stunned is the only way to describe how stunned I am. :rolleyes: :D Way to go. Any other ideas to attract some big spending FF's out there on Rio Dorito Blvd? :blink:

There are plenty of frequent flier seats out there for the taking, just depends on how much mileage you want to burn..... ;)

I just Love being the Bottom of the Barrel at Everything, Except....The BEST EMPLOYEES in the Industry !

I believe that the only metric used for this study was the ability to redeem miles on that specific airline's metal, and more specifically, the domestic coach award, which is is the goal of most frequent flyer members.

While I agree (from my own experience) that US is the stingiest of the legacy carriers when it comes to making award seats available on its own metal, I completely disagree that US is at the bottom of the barrel in overall award redemption opportunities. US miles are relatively easy to redeem for UA awards, but they are priceless when it comes to redeeming awards for premium travel on Star Alliance carriers. If the DM member goes into the conversation armed with several different dates and routing options for a partner award, it should net positive results.

The only real improvement which I would recommend for US is to offer *A upgrade awards like UA and CO do. UA is worse than US because of Starnet blocking, but CO does not do Starnet blocking, and they offer *A upgrade awards.

US may have its faults, but to imply that it is the worst airline for mileage redemption without even mentioning partner carriers is shoddy journalism, IMO.

:rolleyes: Gee I keep saying it but it falls on deaf ears. The heart on the brass is not significant of love. Rather it is what LUV aims for! :blink: US is the ultimate target, but what do I know ? Don't stare directly at their brass. U have been warned! :blink:

I call foul on this "study"... US may not have the greatest redemption rate out there but its by no means the worst, if anything its definitely better than DL and AA (in my experience). I've never had a problem getting awards to the destinations I want in the time frames I want. Sometimes it does require some flexibility but to say its less than a 11% rate is just not right. Also, I highly question the near 100% rating for WN. I highly doubt the accuracy of that figure.

US may have its faults, but to imply that it is the worst airline for mileage redemption without even mentioning partner carriers is shoddy journalism, IMO.
EXACTLY! Can you travel to Singapore on a Rapid Rewards mileage redemption? There's absolutely NO comparison. And BTW, how long do you have to redeem your mileage on WN before it expires? Do they honor their most frequent flyers? First/Business class upgrades?

Studies, Polls and the like are usually commissioned by an entity of some sort..

Often that entity has an agenda it wishes to promote. Now I've no earthly idea who commissioned the study.

However, when one goes to the Ideaworks web site it gives one pause when you take a brief look at their client list consisting of:

Martinair
Pegasus Airlines
Virgin America
AirTran
Malev Hungarian Airline
Frontier
FlyBE
British Airways
Esprit Airways

Not casting aspersions on Ideaworks, but it does give pause to the possibility that a "Study" was conducted with a specific agenda and outcome predefined. It happens all the time in business and politics. Is the study bogus? not in the true sense. However it appears that it indeed may be bought and paid for.

Then conduct and publish your own study.

You will take any opportunity to bash US and anybody that says something thats even slightly in support of US, wont you? Give it a rest..

Studies, Polls and the like are usually commissioned by an entity of some sort..

Often that entity has an agenda it wishes to promote. Now I've no earthly idea who commissioned the study.

However, when one goes to the Ideaworks web site it gives one pause when you take a brief look at their client list consisting of:

Martinair
Pegasus Airlines
Virgin America
AirTran
Malev Hungarian Airline
Frontier
FlyBE
British Airways
Esprit Airways

Not casting aspersions on Ideaworks, but it does give pause to the possibility that a "Study" was conducted with a specific agenda and outcome predefined. It happens all the time in business and politics. Is the study bogus? not in the true sense. However it appears that it indeed may be bought and paid for.

Very interesting. Knowing what you've researched, I almost definitely wouldnt give any credit to this study..

You will take any opportunity to bash US and anybody that says something thats even slightly in support of US, wont you? Give it a rest..

Very interesting. Knowing what you've researched, I almost definitely wouldnt give any credit to this study..

Hey the poll could be drop dead accurate! OR NOT! It's like my old boss used to say, "You've got to look inside the numbers and see what's really going on"

Second thing is people love to bash US Airways and kiss Southwest''s assets. US was NEVER as bad as people make it out. Problem is that those at the top have through word and deed made it very clear they don't care about customers and employees which sadly gives this study way more credibility than it deserves.

Back