Free Willy

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
PETA argues that continuing the whales' "employment" at SeaWorld violates the 13th Amendment to the US Constitution, which prohibits slavery.
"It's a new frontier in civil rights," said Jeff Kerr, PETA general counsel, who described the hearing as a "historic day."
The suit, filed in October 2011, asked that the court declare that the orcas are "held in slavery and/or involuntary servitude by defendants in violation of the Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution."

My dog is suing me for cruel and unusual punishment by feeding him Kibbles and Bits, when he wants Iams.

Obama's adviser Cass Sunstein believes animals should have legal standing.

Story

Ca federal court to decide?.....looks like animals may take the fifth.

Dell, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. This has got to be the dumbest move PETA ever made. I don't particularly like nor understand why anyone else would like to watch magnificent creatures do tricks in a pool, but slavery? Please!

Dell, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one. This has got to be the dumbest move PETA ever made. I don't particularly like nor understand why anyone else would like to watch magnificent creatures do tricks in a pool, but slavery? Please!

Hey! All of God's creatures have their place!!

Right next to the mashed Potatoes :lol:

I agree, but Constitutional rights? Imagine all the frivolous lawsuits this type legal think would spawn.....like from the government.

Well, the Republican Supreme Court started it when they ruled that corporations have the same rights as people. It's just a hop, skip, and a jump from there to "whales have constitutional rights, too." Of course, you birthers can head this off by making the whales prove they were born in the United States. :lol:

Brother dell, ............I'm noticing your new Jesus Saves..logo/etc.

Curious if jesus can SAVE your dying REPUG Party ?? Because of the looks of the piss poor candidates that the GOP is "showcasing", It is evident that jesus has a shiit load of work to do !

(If we didn't have Hillary in the back ground, I'd be saying the same thing about the D's also).

I don't know. It is silly but then again may be it's not soooooo silly. I think there is a difference between self aware and non self aware beings. Whales, primates, dolphins among others have been proven to be self aware. That seems to be a very big difference as far as science is concerned. A dog is not aware that it's leg is broken in the same way that humans are.

I do not believe animals (especially ones that are self aware) are here for our entertainment purposes. If we wish to study the behaviors and lives of other beings, we should do so in a manner that is as unobtrusive as possible. Whales are aware of their surroundings. They are capable of complex speech and social organizations. Elephants mourn the loss of herd members. Primates have hierarchies, speech, pass on learning skills.

My intention is not to equate human slavery with animal ????. But if the whales and other higher species are not slaves, then what are they? They are owned by others and forced to perform tasks. Some natural others not.

I see a correlation of the way we treat animals and the way we treat the earth. They both seem to be viewed as disposable. We seem to view them as thing with which we can do as we please.

To see an Orca in the wild, is an amazing thing. To see one in captivity performing circus tricks is sad. I am not convinced that we should have the right to capture animals and treat them as curiosities. I know the case will fail for numerous reasons but perhaps it will make people think about how they treat animals.

Would it be alright if a more advanced life form enslaved humans for what ever reason? Just because we can do something does not mean that we should.

Brother dell, ............I'm noticing your new Jesus Saves..logo/etc.

Curious if jesus can SAVE your dying REPUG Party ?? Because of the looks of the piss poor candidates that the GOP is "showcasing", It is evident that jesus has a shiit load of work to do !

(If we didn't have Hillary in the back ground, I'd be saying the same thing about the D's also).

No, its will Jesus save those on the progressive left who have driven God from our country and taken part in Americas decline. Where do you fit in?

Back