DOT: DL is USA's most on-time airline for Dec 2014

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
DOT stats for Dec 2014 and DL led the industry in on-time stats with an 88.9% on-time rating, besting even traditional OT leader Hawaiian for the month.

The difference in OT between DL and its competitors was not just a few points.... AAG group trailed DL with 76.7% of which AA mainline scored a 73.3% rating. B6 was at 80.4%, UA was 72.4% and WN was at 72%.

A difference of 10-15% in on-time performance is absolutely noticeable for customers that fly multiple airlines.

The difference was pronounced at key competitive airports like LGA, JFK, ORD, and LAX where DL's performance topped its competitors by significant margins.

DL had the lowest rate of cancellations and had the best baggage performance among network carriers with a lost baggage rate less than half of AA and UA's.

Your profit sharing is very well earned.

http://www.dot.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/2015FebruaryATCR.pdf

It is also notable that DL mainline aircraft serve more cities than any other US airline; DL mainline jets served 145 cities in Dec 2014 compared to 99 for AA/US, 75 for UA, and 86 for WN.

hats off to DL people for running an extraordinarily reliable airline

WorldTraveler said:
I knew we could agree on something.

There would be nothing to disagree about here.
As they say in sports, you are what your record says you are.  In this case, operationally DL is what the numbers say it is.
Gotta give props to DL (planning) and DL employees for executing.

• Banned
As they say in sports, you are what your record says you are.  In this case, operationally DL is what the numbers say it is.
Gotta give props to DL (planning) and DL employees for executing.
indeed, indeed.

while some people seem to think that frontline people can't make a difference in profits at an airline, DL's statistics are proof positive that philosophy is completely wrong. DL people collectively make thousands of decisions per day that allow DL to deliver top tier performance - which is great for them, for our customers, and for those of us that enjoy the service and own a piece of Delta Air Lines.

this is great news just days before the next round of profit sharing checks are distributed.

I love it! Keep taking names and kicking ass everyone..... 
Kev3188 said:
I'll keep all that in mind next time you refer to me as overpaid...
+1

FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
Great job DL + DL employees.

robbedagain said:
great job to all the ACTIVE DL Front Line Employees
Thanks yall. Hope one of these days management at AA gives you the chance too.... 

Pretty impressive for a bunch of haoles, especially during the winter months. I never understood why HA is included in these comparisons.

Back