Does this sound familiar to anyone?

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
“And in the general hardening of outlook that set in … practices which had been long abandoned … — imprisonment without trial, the use of war prisoners as slaves, public executions, torture to extract confessions, the use of hostages and the deportation of whole populations — not only became common again, but were tolerated and even defended by people who considered themselves enlightened and progressive.â€￾

george orwell

(bolding mine)

I am sure you are not implying that under W's enlightened and god guided leadership that we are sacrificing rights and principles that the US was founded on. That could be seen as seditious actions and may result in harsh penalties. Now where is that number for Big Brother..... OH here it is......

I am sure you are not implying that under W's enlightened and god guided leadership that we are sacrificing rights and principles that the US was founded on. That could be seen as seditious actions and may result in harsh penalties. Now where is that number for Big Brother..... OH here it is......

Yeah I feel the same way about the TSA, FEMA, Homeland Security and blame W for wasting my tax money on make-believe security! :lol:

“And in the general hardening of outlook that set in … practices which had been long abandoned … — imprisonment without trial, the use of war prisoners as slaves, public executions, torture to extract confessions, the use of hostages and the deportation of whole populations — not only became common again, but were tolerated and even defended by people who considered themselves enlightened and progressive.â€￾

george orwell

(bolding mine)

I think he was talking about Communism. Ayn Rand is awesome, too! :lol:

At the time he probably was referring to communism. How ever when you look at where the US is going to day, short of a mausoleum in Washington holding some dead guys body (W or Cheney?) the path we have set out on is quite disturbing.

george orwell

(bolding mine)

It seems that every now and then people like to start bringing up Orwell. Guess what, some of this stuff has happened in the past and the country did not turn into a dicatorship. During WWI people were thrown in prison because they spoke out against US involvment in the war. During WWII an entire ethnic group on the west coast had their property taken away and thrown into internment camps.

Ever read up on the plan of the suspension of the constitution?

Duh

Perhaps it can be summed up succinctly in the words of arch-conservative activist Howard J. Ruff. "Since the enactment of Executive Order 11490, the only thing standing between us and dictatorship is the good character of the President, and the lack of a crisis severe enough that the public would stand still for it."

Guess W hasn't been that bad after all......or has he?

Double Duh......

...---...

NSPD 51 would instate martial law under the authority of the White House and the DHS. It would suspend constitutional government under the provisions of Continuity in Government (COG).

Back