Buddy Pass

USCREW

Veteran
May 11, 2006
Aiea, Hawaii. Washington, D.C.
Since I can not seem to get through to the pass bureau, I'm hoping that someone here may know what to do. I have a buddy pass record locator but no other record. All of my other passes have ticket numbers, name, and itineraries. This particular pass shows nothing else. Reservations can't help me and refers me to the bureau. If anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Record Locator: HJYMYJ booked on 1-17-07 for $109.60

Crew

Crew, did you book this pass thru the hub?? I'm not sure what your asking... Are you trying to cancel, or get a refund??

Crew, did you book this pass thru the hub?? I'm not sure what your asking... Are you trying to cancel, or get a refund??
I booked it through the hub along with six other passes at the same time. The others are fine, but this one has no PNR. Oddly, this pass was paid for by my friend Rosaleen on her credit card and she also paid for the other six. Only hers has no info whatsoever. She's trying to use it this week. I'm wondering if the other passes can be connected to hers since they were booked at the same time, on the same credit card.

Pre Shares cutover. It might be a little difficult to find the info, but it should be able to be located with a lot of luck and time. There are a couple ways to search for it. I will PM with questions.

I booked it through the hub along with six other passes at the same time. The others are fine, but this one has no PNR. Oddly, this pass was paid for by my friend Rosaleen on her credit card and she also paid for the other six. Only hers has no info whatsoever. She's trying to use it this week. I'm wondering if the other passes can be connected to hers since they were booked at the same time, on the same credit card.
I work in employee travel in CLT. Did you pay with a credit card?

I work in employee travel in CLT. Did you pay with a credit card?
Yes, and I have given the cc number as well as phone numbers for tracking to Sharon Roberson/manager pass bureau, and will be calling Tadjr this evening. It's the biggest pain. It may have something to do with the cut-over. Seven passes were booked and paid for at the same time. Two are MIA.

Yes, and I have given the cc number as well as phone numbers for tracking to Sharon Roberson/manager pass bureau, and will be calling Tadjr this evening. It's the biggest pain. It may have something to do with the cut-over. Seven passes were booked and paid for at the same time. Two are MIA.
Does your spouse work for another airline? Just curious...if so, did you book these over the phone with an agent in CLT? This just sounds very familier.

Does your spouse work for another airline? Just curious...if so, did you book these over the phone with an agent in CLT? This just sounds very familier.
Ha! No, my sugar daddy does not work for another airline, thank goodniss!

I would like to thank tadjr for solving my problem. He is a genius and dug through this archaic system to find my friend Rosaleen's missing tickets. I will thank you in person one day when I pass through TPA.

Crew

You're welcome. PM incoming with the rest of the info for you. Enjoy your visit with her.

You're welcome. PM incoming with the rest of the info for you. Enjoy your visit with her.

I think we should send Tad an A & B cert :) He's also helped me out when no one else knew how to do stuff... he's saved my dad's life a few times because the agents in STL, PDX, LAX, CHA, and MEM weren't able to do a ZED ticket for him... something that took all of 3 minutes to do in Sabre, which now isn't possible in Qik!

:D :D TADJR is an awesome person and always willing to go
above and beyond for all. Thank goodness some of the old "ILK" stayed after the buyout. If you can imagine, most of the older employees (a few are still around) all had that work ethic. I guess a lot of that went the way of the dinosaurs when we left.
Thanks for all you do Tad!! It is noticed and appreciated.
C

Why are you having problems doing ZED FARES in QIK? I have done some and have no problem. CTRL O , F9 , F6 after you have sold OPEN segment on the carrier.

Why are you having problems doing ZED FARES in QIK? I have done some and have no problem. CTRL O , F9 , F6 after you have sold OPEN segment on the carrier.

Zed fares are actually easier in QIK than they were in Sabre. :shock: OK, one good thing from the system.
Anyway, I think it all goes back to the training (or lack of) that seems to be rampant here. Once everyone passes newhire (this is a computer, go to CTRL A for availability, etc) you're on your own to find things. Many dont want to find them or dont know where to start so they dont. I still havent seen a comprehensive A to Z book on what QIK is capable of doing. I'm not talking the newhire cheat sheets either, but something in depth for those of us who know what we want to do, but just dont know where to start looking on this system.
After sending in a QIK FIX to get the BOA/USMC companion tickets to price right (the promo price key DOES NOT work) I finally got someone at the help desk today who told me how to do it. It is SOOOOOOO easy, but no one could tell me what to do, it was yeah, it doesnt work for you, its done you can ticket it now. CTRL P F2 lowest price and then about 2/3 of the way down on this screen you enter ADT and PFP in the fare type boxes and yahoo! it fares it correctly. I havent seen a memo and no one could tell me what to do to get it to work until today. Thank you to the help desk agent. Seems like the company expects everyone to be a newhire and if you get anything more complicated you're expected to call the help desk to do it. I DONT WANT TO CALL THEM FOR EVERY SIMPLE LITTLE THING. Give me some more training/info on how to use the computer to its fullest. I AM NOT A NEWHIRE and want to quit being treated like one! I also dont like the mentality the company is forcing many agents into by NOT having more training than they received and not FORCING them to learn more (if you dont know what to do, just call the help desk and they'll fix it). I know many things in QIK dont work and it takes a while, but there are many who still dont know where to begin so they dont do anything. That is the companys fault for not requiring more than newhire training and not having a way for those who want to learn more to do so easily.

It is frustrating for him to use my flight benefits on OAL carriers because agents at other airports don't know how to do it... I feel bad cause everytime TAD gets a PM from me, he knows its a ticket for Dad again!

Shares ISN'T this aweful computer system... Shares can REALLY work... but THIS COMPANY has failed to give OUR agents native access as an option... I can attest that it was easier for me to train agents in Native Sabre than it was to train them in Interact, which is the GUI version of Sabre... agents can toggle between the two, so new hires get INTERACT training, and old timers can chose between Native Sabre and Interact.

And guess what?

Every station's productivity levels skyrocketed once we gave them native!

Again, Tad, thanks for your help. Dad wants to send you some "presents", so I need your addy :)

Back