AA and JAL ask for antitrust immunity

I think this application along with the United/Continental/ANA will get approval
prior to September when the open skies goes into effect with Japan.
I agree that AA will get ATI with JAL easily but with CAL/UAL/ANA their ATI approval will have some type of restriction on overlapping routes. Anyone here knows if UAL/ANA applied for ATI in Japan for the asian market.

I find it humorous that DL is now crying poormouth about their access to HND, saying that the oneworld and Star Alliance already have great access and DOT needs to level the playing field...

Perhaps they've forgotten how much dominance they have at NRT, but I suspect the applications to the DOT will remind them.

I find it humorous that DL is now crying poormouth about their access to HND, saying that the oneworld and Star Alliance already have great access and DOT needs to level the playing field...

Perhaps they've forgotten how much dominance they have at NRT, but I suspect the applications to the DOT will remind them.
we will see what happens. same thing with UA. They have a presence in NRT but they still might get slot to HND.

Not only did DL ask for all four slots, it proposes to waste one on HND-HNL. The comments from CO and AA on this should be fun. I see that UA asked for just one - recognizing that its numerous slots at NRT may be an issue.

DL guess why think small when DL is the world largest airline. It give DL four chances to get all or one of the HND to Us slots. only the DOT will have to say NO four times.

HND-SEA no, HND-DTW no, HND- HNL no, HND-LAX yes

HND-EWR yes, CO. UA left out because of Star/A.

HND- HNL yes, HA.

HND-JFK yes, AA.

HND-LAX yes, AA, DL, UA. now that would be competitions. and HND-HNL yes, HA. CO left out because of Star/A.

HND-HNL??? No :censored: Way!!! = Because it is 25% of the slots which would serve less than a half of one percent of the USA population and it would be overwhelmingly Japan originated tourist traffic.

The awards will all be HND-Mainland pairs. The DOT is not politically blind!

HND-HNL??? No :censored: Way!!! = Because it is 25% of the slots which would serve less than a half of one percent of the USA population and it would be overwhelmingly Japan originated tourist traffic.

The awards will all be HND-Mainland pairs. The DOT is not politically blind!

That what happens when you think 2D, instead of 3D.

JL has NRT-HNL 3x daily B744
NH has NRT-HNL daily B763
JL has NGO-HNL daily B744, and KIX-HNL daily B744.

NW used to have B744, and B742 during the summer peak and during the winter B744, DC10. before the DC10 and B742 where phase out, I think the last schedule run for the B742 was NRT-HNL-MSP, before being phase out. then NW put the A333 on the NRT-HNL route before DL change the schedule.

DL has schedule 2x daily B744 for the summer of 2010.

That what happens when you think 2D, instead of 3D.
I'm quite aware that there are existing flights from three other airports in Japan and HNL. And that is why there will be NO award from NGO to HNL. These flights are sufficient for the Japanese tourist and honeymoon traffic. HND can best serve the mainland traffic to central Tokyo and domestic connections, especially with the inconvenient restriction on departures (!2M-7AM) and arrivals (10PM-7AM).

Will AA go through with antitrust immunity after JAL sheds most of their routes.

The banks will demand JAL cuts both international and domestic services, while one proposal calls on the carrier to withdraw entirely from European and US flights and to focus on the profitable Asian region, the paper said.
JAL lenders to demand cuts to international servicehttp://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific_business/view/1047479/1/.html

Will AA go through with antitrust immunity after JAL sheds most of their routes.

Why wouldn't they?

Sounds like a bit of an upside for AA and the rest of oneworld... Pax who want to stay loyal to JAL and get their miles will fly on AA, BA, AY, etc. and the ones who want to fly a Japanese carrier will defect to NH. Even DL can't provide the Japanese experience NH does...

w/o the long haul, aa could provide that and benefit from the feed from the asian rts and Japan. Sounds like a marriage made in heaven.

Back