A320 Diverts To Bil With Hydraulic Problems

ringmaruf

Veteran
Jul 7, 2003
PHL/ACY/EWR
http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?i...west-flight.inc

A Northwest Airlines flight traveling from Minneapolis to Bozeman was diverted to Billings today because of mechanical problems.

The Airbus A320 with 135 people aboard landed in Billings shortly after noon. Passengers used portable stairs to exit the plane while it was parked on the ramp. No one was injured.

“We heard this flapping noise. The captain came on the intercom and said we were having hydraulic problems,â€￾ said Kathee McCafferty of Traverse City, Mich.

[...]

“After we landed, they had to tow us in,â€￾ Sissy Buck said. “The captain did a good job.â€￾

Northwest Airlines maintenance workers have been on strike since Saturday. Replacement workers have been maintaining aircraft since the workers went on strike.

A Northwest Airlines spokesman didn't immediately return a call from a reporter.

These stories will become more common as the strike goes on and the unskilled scabs perform more substandard maintenance on a/c.

chasbatl said:
These stories will become more common as the strike goes on and the unskilled scabs perform more substandard maintenance on a/c.
[post="292120"][/post]​

I just pray the story does not turn to a smoking lawn dart before managements admits the serious error in judgement they have made.

chasbatl said:
[post="292120"][/post]​
What a joke! Anybody who knows anything is aware that this sort of stuff is not uncommon and has nothing to do with replacement mechanics. The fact of the matter is thing that have moving parts do break from time to time.

dbcwaar said:
What a joke! Anybody who knows anything is aware that this sort of stuff is not uncommon and has nothing to do with replacement mechanics. The fact of the matter is thing that have moving parts do break from time to time.
[post="292130"][/post]​

Yeah, but why let a few facts get in the way of a good anti-NWA rant?

Sounds like the union goons are hoping for the worst, how typical, the union mentality is more important than anything else.

HPearlyretiree said:
Sounds like the union goons are hoping for the worst, how typical, the union mentality is more important than anything else.
[post="292163"][/post]​

They are defeated losers that refuse to tip their king they just continue to scrabble across the board. No need to fear checkmate is near.

Yeah, total hydraulic failure. That's normal operation according to NWA? Flying to and from Hawaii on one engine. Is that is normal operation also? Aircraft logbooks covered in orange MEL placards and aircraft on the verge of falling out of the sky. Face it you NWA scabs! Your mechanical skills SUCK and NWA's plan is falling apart as a public relations nightmare. Nobody wants to fly on a SCAB maintained airline!

dbcwaar said:
[post="292130"][/post]​
You clowns have no idea what your talking about, apparently you've never trained a new mechanic. It takes months to get a mech up to speed and thats with plenty of qualified guidence helping them out.
What you have at nw is a bunch of gypsies with no conscious or ethics chasing a quick buck. Since they are all new to each other I wonder who their go to guy is when they have a problem? The great thing about having experienced senior amt's is the knowledge that goes with the territory. It's the little things that don't seem like a big deal that can really come back to haunt you, like using an O ring on hydraulics that should be used on fuel etc. etc. they may be the same size but thats where the similarities stop.

scorpian said:
You clowns have no idea what your talking about, apparently you've never trained a new mechanic. It takes months to get a mech up to speed and thats with plenty of qualified guidence helping them out.
What you have at nw is a bunch of gypsies with no conscious or ethics chasing a quick buck. Since they are all new to each other I wonder who their go to guy is when they have a problem? The great thing about having experienced senior amt's is the knowledge that goes with the territory. It's the little things that don't seem like a big deal that can really come back to haunt you, like using an O ring on hydraulics that should be used on fuel etc. etc. they may be the same size but thats where the similarities stop.
[post="292276"][/post]​
I would personally rather fly on a mechanic maintained plane than on a plane maintained by a sumbbag scab like you. I trust the mechanics more than you because they have all the experienc that they could need or get! You scabs are putting these innonce peoples lives in danger and yet the failure of mgmt still hasnt realized it.

robbedagain said:
I would personally rather fly on a mechanic maintained plane than on a plane maintained by a sumbbag scab like you. I trust the mechanics more than you because they have all the experienc that they could need or get! You scabs are putting these innonce peoples lives in danger and yet the failure of mgmt still hasnt realized it.
[post="292289"][/post]​
HUH?

I have a quick question of NW flight crews on this board...With scab maintaining your aircraft, do you feel safe? If yes, why? If not, why do you fly? With the string of recent incidents, when do you say it's not safe to fly.

I don't work for NW nor do I scab for them either. Just curious because with all this safety rhetoric, I'm wondering what goes through your mind during preflight. Not trying to flame anyone by asking.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Yeah, total hydraulic failure. That's normal operation according to NWA? Flying to and from Hawaii on one engine. Is that is normal operation also? Aircraft logbooks covered in orange MEL placards and aircraft on the verge of falling out of the sky. Face it you NWA scabs! Your mechanical skills SUCK and NWA's plan is falling apart as a public relations nightmare. Nobody wants to fly on a SCAB maintained airline!
[post="292273"][/post]​

Princess, If you like to portray yourself as being intelligent you really need to keep your yap shut because it is overloading your brain.

Total hydraulic failure?

Drama Princess.

RDU Jetblast said:
I have a quick question of NW flight crews on this board...With scab maintaining your aircraft, do you feel safe? If yes, why? If not, why do you fly? With the string of recent incidents, when do you say it's not safe to fly.

I don't work for NW nor do I scab for them either. Just curious because with all this safety rhetoric, I'm wondering what goes through your mind during preflight. Not trying to flame anyone by asking.
[post="292370"][/post]​

They are not worried about work being performed by us lowly scabs. We are slowly earning their respect as mechanics. However they are getting concerned about the current events of sabotage.

scorpian said:
HUH?
[post="292363"][/post]​
I am saying that I find it much more peculiar that NWA is having a lot of serious problems after this strike began. that is why I said what I said.

Back