6 Year Old Colo Boy Found Alive In Attic

PITOCC71

Nov 17, 2008
From CNN.com, a 6 year old boy was thought to have been in a runaway homemade weather balloon.

Story below:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/15/colorado....loon/index.html

IMHO if I were the parents this kid would be grounded until his 18th birthday. If I were the authorities I would be sending the bill for search & rescue to the parents, not to mention the cost of shutting down DEN airspace for over an hour.

From CNN.com, a 6 year old boy was thought to have been in a runaway homemade weather balloon.

Story below:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/15/colorado....loon/index.html

IMHO if I were the parents this kid would be grounded until his 18th birthday. If I were the authorities I would be sending the bill for search & rescue to the parents, not to mention the cost of shutting down DEN airspace for over an hour.
And...the fact that the parents were on a "reality show", I can't help but think they might have been looking for another 15 minutes of fame.

Now on CNN...

Investigators have reached the conclusion that the whole thing was a hoax cooked up by the parents. Case referred to the DA with recommendation of making false statements to police, endangering the welfare of a child, and 2 or 3 conspiracy charges.

Now on CNN...

Investigators have reached the conclusion that the whole thing was a hoax cooked up by the parents. Case referred to the DA with recommendation of making false statements to police, endangering the welfare of a child, and 2 or 3 conspiracy charges.
Up to 6 years imprisonment...

Get real...........first time..........3rd degree misdemeanor........squire you astound me.
The most serious charges are felonies and carry a maximum sentence of six years in prison and a $500,000 fine. Alderden said they would be seeking restitution for the costs, though he didn't have an estimate.
Story

Did I say that is what he would do?

No.

You astound me.

Story

Did I say that is what he would do?

No.

You astound me.

If the incident was a hoax, the only charge local authorities could press would be making a false report to authorities -- a Class 3 misdemeanor, Alderden told reporters Saturday.

However, a misdemeanor "hardly seems serious enough given the circumstances," the sheriff said.

Source..........

Get real...........first time..........3rd degree misdemeanor........squire you astound me.

If the incident was a hoax, the only charge local authorities could press would be making a false report to authorities -- a Class 3 misdemeanor, Alderden told reporters Saturday.

However, a misdemeanor "hardly seems serious enough given the circumstances," the sheriff said.

Source..........
Why do you keep posting a photo and not the source?

www.bizdevblog.com???

I posted an article from the AP dateline 10/18/09 7:00 PM.

I thought I heard/read that if it is proven to be a hoax, CO is going to send him a bill for the "rescue" operation.

That will be one hell of a pay roll deduct.

Back