St. Louis Airport Board to close most of Concourse D

jimntx

Veteran
Jun 28, 2003
Dallas, TX
It was announced yesterday that the St. Louis Airport Board has decided to close most of Concourse D. This is the former TWA International Concourse, and is the one which connects the Main Terminal to the East Terminal. The announcement was that 12 gates would be closed off completely to eliminate the necessity to heat/cool and clean that portion of the concourse.

(When I commuted home to Dallas on Southwest right before Thanksgiving they had already turned off all the moving sidewalks. Made for a long walk with luggage.)

The main effect will be that it will no longer be possible to walk indoors from the Main Terminal to the East Terminal where SW airlines operates. If you commute on SWA to/from St. Louis and you work for another airline, or you work for SWA and commute to/from St. Louis on another airline, you will have to use the shuttle bus that runs back and forth between the two terminals. This will require going through security again.

The main effect will be that it will no longer be possible to walk indoors from the Main Terminal to the East Terminal where SW airlines operates. If you commute on SWA to/from St. Louis and you work for another airline, or you work for SWA and commute to/from St. Louis on another airline, you will have to use the shuttle bus that runs back and forth between the two terminals. This will require going through security again.

Well, that last part sucks! Too bad they can't at least keep a temporary corridor open like they did (still do?) at MIA through the construction area. Wouldn't really need to keep it heated/cooled. Of course, that was for an AA to AA connection and this involves different carriers.

It was announced yesterday that the St. Louis Airport Board has decided to close most of Concourse D. This is the former TWA International Concourse, and is the one which connects the Main Terminal to the East Terminal. The announcement was that 12 gates would be closed off completely to eliminate the necessity to heat/cool and clean that portion of the concourse.

(When I commuted home to Dallas on Southwest right before Thanksgiving they had already turned off all the moving sidewalks. Made for a long walk with luggage.)

What a bummer! If I had ground time or was delayed I always knew where to escape from passengers. I could read, nap, eat in private. Also spotless and empty restrooms. All just a bit "downhill" and mostly unknown from the East terminal. It was similar to AA's international gates in SJC that get very little use and are just around the corner as well. It stinks that offline commuters have to clear security again.

This is the former TWA International Concourse, and is the one which connects the Main Terminal to the East Terminal.
D was the former Ozark concourse. TWA international flights arrived at the end of the C concourse. The sterile gates were the even numbered between C28 - C36.

Back